Quick Links

Rawlins County USD 105

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

Mid Plains Community College Scholarship Due March 1, 2024

Students qualify for the scholarships in the chart below and many, many more! New this year, the scholarship application is tied to the student’s MPCC login. Students must apply for admission before completing the scholarship application. Students should go online to www.mpcc.edu to apply for admission at MPCC. Some scholarships are based on financial need so students should complete 2024-2025 the FAFSA to be considered.

A yellow and white card with black text

Description automatically generated

FEDERAL FINANCIAL AID

The 2024-2025 FAFSA is now available! Financial information included on the 2024-2025 FAFSA will be from 2022.

• Students and other contributors on the FAFSA will each need their own StudentAid.gov account (FSA ID). Contributors, in addition to the student, may include the student’s spouse and biological or adoptive parents. Each contributor will be asked to grant consent for their tax information to be pulled from the IRS, which should simplify the process for many. Failure to grant consent, from any contributor, will result in the student being ineligible for federal financial aid.
  • Applicants who cannot provide parental information will be given a provisional independent status and colleges will need to follow up with the student to ensure the meet the requirements for independence.
  • The Student Aid Index (SAI) replaces the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and can go to a floor of -1500. Pell grant eligibility is based on income/AGI within a threshold of federal poverty guidelines resulting in students being eligible for minimum, maximum, or calculated Pell.
  • Number in college is no longer factored into the calculation of the SAI. There were also changes in the treatment of small businesses and family farms.

Pell Grants, FSEOG Grants, Federal Work-Study (FWS) and Direct Loans

• To apply for all federal programs, complete the FAFSA for the 2024-2025 school year. Depending on eligibility criteria, federal aid to first-year students can range as follows:

Federal Pell Grant: up to $7,395 (estimate, official maximum Pell amount has not been released)

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant: from $300 to $1,000

Federal Work Study: from $500 to $3,000

Direct Loans: up to $5,500 for dependent students, up to $9,500 for independent students

AID FROM THE STATE OF NEBRASKA:

• Nebraska Opportunity Grant

Available for Nebraska high school graduates. Amounts range from $500 to $2,000 per year.  Applicants must complete the FAFSA. NOG funding is limited so students should apply early.

DAVIS/CHAMBERS COMMUNITY COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP – Deadline: April 1, 2024

• This scholarship is available to academically promising students that graduated from a NE high school and that are from diverse backgrounds who will be enrolled full time at a NE community college for the 2024-2025 school year. Amounts may vary.
  • The application packet is available through the online MPCC Scholarship Application. After March 1st, students can complete a paper application. Contact browne@mpcc.edu for the paper application and with any questions.

FOR STUDENTS STILL IN HIGH SCHOOL:

• WALSH-BRADY 50% 

High school students ages 16 and over may enroll in up to 6 credit hours each semester of McCook Community College courses and get 50% of the tuition and general-purpose fees paid.  Contact Jenna Bobinmyer at finaid@mpcc.edu or (308) 345-8111 for more information and for the application.  Deadline to apply is the 10th day of the semester.

• ACE Scholarships

If approved by the Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education, ACE will pay tuition and fees for college courses (does not pay lab fees or other “extra fees”). Go to https://ccpe.nebraska.gov/ACE to fill out the application form. First time users must register. Ensure the student enrolls for college course(s) in addition to sending the application to J. Ritchie Morrow in Lincoln as requested.

MPCC IS STILL A BARGAIN! (2024-2025 costs):

• Tuition: $104 per credit hour for NE residents and residents of CO, KS, SD, and WY
  • General Purpose Fees: $16 per credit hour
  • Books: approximately $500-900 each semester
  • On-Campus Housing: $3,494 to $3,916 each semester depending on meal plan and campus selected

If you have questions regarding scholarships or federal financial aid please email finaid@mpcc.edu and we will get back to you as soon as we can. Mid-Plains Community College provides over $1 million in academic, athletic, and merit-based aid each year. We hope your students will be receiving a portion of those funds.

More Headlines